Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Don't Mess with Texas!


As most of you already know, we are headed to Killeen, Texas this summer. We are so excited to get closer to some of our family and friends for the next few years. For those of you that aren't Texans, you might not understand how hard it is to not be able to live in your home state. I have often heard the saying, "Texas, it's like a whole other country." I truly believe that because Texas doesn't really fit into any of the U.S. regions; New England, East Coast, South, Midwest, or West Coast. Texans are VERY proud of their home state and for good reason.

But as much as I miss Texas, I miss my hometown of College Station (Heidi, I know you can relate) even more. Peter and I always talk about the first thing we want to do when we get there but we can never decide because there is just too much to do. True, most of the places we want to go are eateries such as Layne's Chicken Fingers and Freebirds but just walking around the beautiful A&M campus will satisfy us for awhile. One thing I can't wait to do is go to a home football game. We haven't been able to attend one since we both graduated 5 years ago and since we were both in the Corps of Cadets and the Aggie Band, home games are somewhat sacred to us.





(top, a typical Texas A&M home game; bottom, Peter is 2nd from the right in the front row and I am 4th from the right in the second row)

Even though we will be living in Killeen; it is only two hours away and with Grammy (my mom) in C.S., I'm sure we will be making MANY trips there. Of course, any and all of you are welcome to come visit and learn why we enjoy Texas as much as we do.

6 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Angie said...

I'm so happy for you guys but selfishly I was hoping you'd end up here. I know you'll love Ft. Hood!!! Congrats on the good news :)

Miss my lil'sis!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Christina/Christy/Chris said...

I am so excited to find out that you were a "band geek"! It just goes to show that people in the band can be really cool despite what my husband always says. I am very happy that you two (almost three) get to go "home" for a while. I have never been to Texas and just might have to come visit...I have so many friends there now, I could house hop for a month!

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Me too! I can't wait to go to an Aggie football game. College Station has really changed since I graduated . . . 10 years next month! I'm getting old! What year did you two graduate . . . I know the hubby is a zip but can't tell from the photo the color of your belt . . . no, I wasn't a quad queen, really. . .LOL! Sean was the only corps guy I dated. By the way, Texas is super hot already . . . hope you ditch all those winter coats!
-Heidi
PS Didn't know CS was your hometown!

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

I've never been to Texas (that could be the title of a song...) but I've heard so much about it that I feel like I almost have! Maybe someday...:)

 
At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

test

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Peter and Nancy...
We are excited that you are going to be in Killeen...we are just down the road in Belton.
Bill and Jan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home