Tuesday, April 25, 2006

April showers bring May babies!

If you are wondering why I haven't written in awhile, well, so am I. Our computer at home is down so I am sitting here writing this post at the base library. Fortunately, Peter is very skilled with the computer (he built ours himself), but this one has stumped him. To make a long story short, he is ordering some parts which will hopefully fix the problem (whatever it is) and get us back to "normal" again. You know, I never realized just how much we rely on computers until they break. Now I find myself making a list of all the things I need to do once the comouter is up and running again.
On a brighter note, this past weekend my sister and Peter's sister held a baby shower for me and Baby Norris. Since they both live in North Carolina and all of the guests live near me, they decided to just come to my house for the weekend and have it there. It was so great getting to see and visit some of my out-of-town friends and family and to share this exciting event with all of them (I will be sure to post some pictures when I am able to access them).
We have just two weeks to go until the due date now (May 10) so it is definitely "crunch time." We had a doctor's appointment on Monday and she asked if I thought the baby was going to come early. I said no because I have felt NO signs of labor and I just have a feeling that the baby will be late (although at the appointment on Monday she said that the baby has dropped a LITTLE and that I am effaced a LITTLE). She said she was surprised to hear me say that because most first-time moms think their babies will come "any minute now" during those last few weeks. She also said that I was probably being pretty realistic and that this baby will either be on time or late. I have to say, I am just fine with that. Not that we aren't excited to meet this little person that has been growing inside me for the past nine months (and especially to find out if it is a boy or a girl), but now that it is truly down to the wire, I am getting a little nervous about the whole experience. Since I am one of the last ones in the Great Baby Boom of 2006, I have been able to hear all about the labor tales of my friends but since each one was different, I now have no idea what to expect for myself. Oh well, I guess that is part of the fun!

4 Comments:

At 3:39 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I'm so excited to hear how it goes! I've been spying on you ever since I found your site via Angie Dente. Good luck!

Sarah (the beer-drinking knitter)

 
At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about you during this time. Will be praying for a safe delivery and healthy baby. You are right...every delivery is different. I'm looking forward to you being near us soon so I can see the baby. When do you move to Texas?
Blessins...
Jan Muske

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thought you might enjoy some of these thoughts:
SOME THOUGHTS ON MOTHERHOOD

Somebody said it takes about six weeks to get back to normal after you've had a baby... that somebody doesn't know that once you're a mother, "normal" is history.

Somebody said you learn how to be a mother by instinct... that somebody never took a three-year-old shopping.

Somebody said being a mother is boring... that somebody never rode in a car driven by a teenager with a driver's permit.

Somebody said if you're a "good" mother, your child will "turn out good"... that somebody thinks a child comes with directions and a guarantee.

Somebody said "good" mothers never raise their voices... that somebody never came out the back door just in time to see her child hit a golf ball through the neighbor's kitchen window.

Somebody said you don't need an education to be a mother... that somebody never helped a fourth grader with his math.

Somebody said you can't love the fifth child as much as you love the first... that somebody doesn't have five children.

Somebody said a mother can find all the answers to her child-rearing questions in the books... that somebody never had a child stuff beans up his nose or in his ears.

Somebody said the hardest part of being a mother is labor and delivery... that somebody never watched her "baby" get on the bus for the first day of kindergarten... or on a plane headed for military "boot camp."

Somebody said a mother can do her job with her eyes closed and one hand tied behind her back... that somebody never organized seven giggling Brownies to sell cookies.

Somebody said a mother can stop worrying after her child gets married... that somebody doesn't know that marriage adds a new son or daughter-in-law to a mother's heartstrings.

Somebody said a mother's job is done when her last child leaves home... that somebody never had grandchildren.

Somebody said your mother knows you love her, so you don't need to tell her... that somebody isn't a mother.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY... to every Mother on every day of the year!

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site http://www.gaydating5.info/hardcorepissingvideoamateur.html Discount printing letterhead envelopes business card 1985 toyota diesel Oxycontin vs hydrocodone Maternity clothes polo Myrtle beach tax records

 

Post a Comment

<< Home