Monday, May 08, 2006

The wait is NOT over! :)

I thought I better give an update to let you all know what is going on with Baby Norris (and so you wouldn't think we had already had him/her without telling you). Last week at our appointment (almost 39 weeks) the doctor said that I wasn't really making any progress other than the baby dropping a little. However, we had another appointment today and I have made SOME progress. I am officially 50% effaced and a whopping 1 cm dilated. The baby has also dropped some more which is a good sign. We went ahead and made another appointment for next Monday at the clinic and one for the next day, Tuesday, at the hospital. That is when the doctors will run some tests to check if everything is okay and depending on the results they will either keep me overnight (and possibly induce) or make an appointment to induce the following week.

We are getting VERY excited to meet Baby Norris (and especially to find out if it is a boy or a girl). I have to say, though, I still feel just fine, considering, except for the impossible task of sleeping comfortably. I can't believe it is about to be over but I am also ready to begin the next phase and become a mother! Hey, maybe the baby will come on Mother's Day!!

Before our computer problems, I promised I would post some pictures of the baby shower my sisters (mine and Peter's) threw me, so here they are. There are also a few last pregnancy pics that Peter took with his fancy camera (he can make anybody look good). Before you judge too harshly, remember that they were taken at 38 1/2 weeks!
Hope you enjoy!

Here is the diaper cake that a friend made - isn't it cute!


This is my niece who helped out by cooking, greeting everyone at the door, and passing out favors - she is just precious!

A group picture minus a few who had to leave -

And the final pregnancy pics - hopefully the next ones will be with Baby Norris on the OUTSIDE!! :)

15 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look great fancy camera or not! By the way, what kind of camera is it . . . details!!!
-Heidi

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Muriel said...

Wow! Great pictures! You look like an awesome mom already! Nicole told me about your site. Congratulation on the baby and all the best to you.

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still praying for you and Baby Norris...I agree you look great in the pics. I would also like to hear the type of camera, I just bought a new one as well...Canon Rebel Digital XT.
Jan

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

You look great. I am hoping for a mother's day baby for you. Glad to hear that you feel good and all is progressing. Can't wait to find out the details.

 
At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nancy-
We can't wait to hear the good about the arrival of your little one! You look wonderful in the pictures and I know that everything will go smoothly for you. Wishing you the best-
Kelly

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

Great pictures, Nancy :) I love the diaper cake...if only I had that kind of creativity. Can't wait to see pictures of your little one!

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nancy and Peter-
Great blog!
I am thinking of you and baby Norris. Hopefully it will be soon!
Best wishes!

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Robin said...

What a beautiful mommy-to-be you are! I can't wait to see pictures of Baby Norris. Take care, and Happy Mother's Day!

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

Congrats on your new little boy!!!! He is so beautiful and you totally win over Angie and Me for birth stories. No complications, 9lb 11oz baby, you are the man. Post pics soon

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Vicki, for keeping us updated!!

 
At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan emailed us the news with pictures...post them here soon.
Congratulations...just in time for Mother's Day.

 
At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oohhhh... you look so eautiful! I wanted to do some but never did, I regret it now seeing yours:(

 
At 1:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
I'm back to check your blog again and you just keep the great posts coming! Do you know of any great websites that sell diaper cakes. I've seen a few good ones but I think www.diapergifts.com make the best I have seen. You have got a great blog and I will be back to check it out.

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info
» »

 
At 4:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home