Friday, July 07, 2006

Life is a Highway

I just realized how long it has been since I posted the last time so here is a little of what has been going on in our lives. The last week we were in Virginia we stayed with one of our friends from EWS (the school Peter attended at Quantico). She was so nice to allow us to stay with her (thank you, Laura!).

So on June 30 we started our week-long journey to Texas. The first night we stayed in a hotel so it wouldn't be such a long drive the first day. The next day we arrived at my aunt and uncle's house in Chattanooga, TN. It was definitely a full house with Peter, me, Charm, Ben, our pets (two cats and a dog), my dad and grandmother who drove up from Florida to meet Ben and my aunt, uncle and their four-year-old daughter Sarah (not to mention their pet cat, Sam). We had so much fun just chatting and catching up but the best part was that my aunt cooked a fabulous gourmet German-style dinner (she really should have her own cooking show). We really appreciate their overwhelming hospitality!!

The next morning we were off to Atlanta, GA to visit with Peter's aunt and uncle. We were able to spend two nights and my favorite parts besides just hanging out were going to Stone Mountain and going outlet shopping for baby clothes. Stone Mountain had an awesome laser show and fireworks that Ben wasn't in love with (we made sure we covered his little ears) and lots of fun shops. The last night we were there we went shopping at some great baby outlets (The Children's Place, Carter's, Osh Kosh) and purchased some outstanding deals! Oh, I almost forgot - we were also able to meet for lunch with one of our good friends from college - we were able to chat and find out more about their upcoming adventures as they move to France to be missionaries (check out their website - Ben & Amanda's website). The funniest thing about that lunch was that Amanda has a new son as well (born March 10) who was just starting to teethe. For some reason he decided that he wanted to chew on the handlebar of her stroller rather than a teething toy. He latched on so hard he could have hung from that thing with just his mouth. I took a picture but until we are able to get to our computer I can't post it :(.

Anyway, we were sad to leave the Atlanta area the following morning but excited to go visit my grandparents in Carthage, Mississippi. My grandmother had a stroke two years ago and isn't able to communicate very well but I was able to understand her say "Soft...." and "Big Boy" as I sat next to her with Ben and she stroked his head. Both she and my grandpa were overjoyed that we were able to stop byfor a visit. Even though we only stayed a couple of hours at their house - we didn't want to stay overnight with our crazy crew in tow - it was totally worth every minute! Hopefully we will be able to go back and see them both again soon.

Yeah! It is finally the day that we will arrive on our homeland - Texas! We drove as fast and as furious as we could but we made sure to stop at the Texas Welcome Center and take a picture with Ben in front of the big Texas stone cutout. Peter was leading the way in his truck and Charm and I definitely noticed that the closer we got to College Station the faster he drove! We ended up arriving about 6:30 pm and went to sleep as soon as possible because they next day we were off to Killeen to househunt (more about that later).

What a trip! As exhausting as it was, it gave Charm and me and great chance to talk and bond. I didn't mention that she drove most of the way to Texas while I was in the backseat multitasking - entertaining Ben, pumping breastmilk for Ben, feeding Ben and trying to catch up on some much needed sleep. Oh, and of course, Peter had ALL the animals in the truck with him ROAMING FREE! We had walkie talkies that my dad gave us for the trip so Peter would constantly give us updates on what they were doing as he was driving down the road, "Avery is on my lap right now,"and "Austin is crawling at my feet," and "some animal just threw up or went to the bathroom, we need to stop!" Charm and I found it pretty hilarious. A lot has happened since the trip so I will continue to update and hopefully catch up one of these days.

8 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Too funny . . . hope you found a house . . . isn't the weather in the area just hot right now!

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Home!...Good to hear from you again and I'm glad you are back in Texas. Hope to see you soon.

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger Double K said...

I'm glad to hear ya'll are in Texas. I hope to get to see you soon. I want to see Ben. Have I told you that's a great name yet? Well it is!

 
At 2:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This trip reminds me of the time my family & I were moving from Alaska to Texas. Lots of animals going crazy & walking talkies between cars! Brings back so many memories & laughs!

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

I love the part about Peter letting all of your animals roam free...that's halarious!

 
At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you all made it! My Mom and I just took a trip to Edelweiss which took almost 5 hours with Wes and I can't imagine how you all did it for such a long trip! Good luck house hunting!
Kel

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Hey Glad to hear you are back in Texas, just as I am leaving. We move September 2. Maybe we can get together in Killeen before we leave.

 
At 9:20 AM, Anonymous hot sex stories of bi men said...

The Black Widow wouldnt exist ifyour daughter hadnt been careless. Teela was astride Lee, riding his surprising cock when six maletroopers arrived, apparently converging on the site from different directions.
mature gay sex stories
free stories of erotic lactation
lesbian domination stories
teen erotic spanking stories
bbw sex stories
The Black Widow wouldnt exist ifyour daughter hadnt been careless. Teela was astride Lee, riding his surprising cock when six maletroopers arrived, apparently converging on the site from different directions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home